Pages

Wrapping up the Beach

Saturday, September 3, 2011
I know I fell behind in posting again.  I did fracture my foot in what the doctor called a "training error."  Apparently when you are a lazy non-exerciser like me, you have to start out slowly.  And Harry has already been sent home from school sick.  He had an ear infection but is fine now.

I want to finish posting about our Seaside trip.  We had such a GREAT time and there are a lot of little things I want to remember.

As we were unpacking the car and checking into our beach house,  I met our next door "vacation neighbors."  They had a 6 year old daughter who was looking for a friend.  Kate and she immediately bonded.  In fact, Dave and my sister and brother in law teased me because I let Kate go play with her right away.  They are from Dallas and we all hit it off immediately.  We spent a lot of the week hanging out with our new friends.  I even got to photograph their daughter (and will post photos if they allow).

Another thing that we did was go to the Sugar Shak in Rosemary Beach a few nights.  The Sugar Shak is a ice cream/candy store.  They seriously have every single kind of candy you can imagine.  My kids loved it.

DSC_0841

DSC_1293
Sorry Dawn.

DSC_1295

I love this little game where Kate was trying to steal Dave's ice cream.....

DSC_1296

DSC_1297

They are super grainy cause it was dark and I had my ISO cranked up.

DSC_1298

DSC_1299

DSC_1300


After stealing some ice cream, Kate decided to go out and kiss her cousin Ashton.....

DSC_1301

DSC_1302

DSC_1304

We had a lot of laughs:)


Here are a few shots of our last beach day....

We bought this cool little ball that bounces on water.  Everyone had fun playing catch in the ocean and pool with it...

DSC_0177

Will took Kate out far in the calm and clear water...

DSC_0174

DSC_0198

DSC_0197

DSC_0180

DSC_0186

Harry and Will caught some crabs throughout the week with our new friend, Mr W.  Mr. W cooked them up and we had a happy hour the last night where the kiddos ate the crabs they cooked.

DSC_1563

DSC_1566

DSC_0256

It was so much fun meeting new friends on vacation and since they live in our state and in a city we visit sometimes, I am sure we will see them again.

After, our "happy hour" we continued our family tradition.  Whenever, we go to the beach, we have pizza on the beach on our last night of vacation. Here is our pizza on the beach 4 years ago when it was Kate's 1st time:)  It was kinda late and pretty dark but I wanted to capture the memories anyway.  I LOVE this tradition and I know our kids do too.  We almost skipped it because we were trying to squeeze a lot into our last night but our kids reminded us that we HAD to continue our tradition and I am SO glad we did.

DSC_0260

DSC_0261

DSC_0263

Harry had to get a little late night last minute skim boarding in:)


Hope y'all have a great Labor Day weekend!

7 comments:

  1. you could write 100 posts on your beach trip...i would never tire!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paige! I love seeing and hearing about your family traditions! And how awesome that you met another family that you may now be friends with :)

    LOVE that the kids got to eat their own crabs! Speaking of experiences they'll never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photos. Seaside and Rosemary Beach are a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how this makes me wish we had one more trip to the beach!


    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a FABULOUS time at the beach with your family....and new found friends!

    Hope that the schoool year is off to a great start for all of the Peanuts. Kate looked so super cute on her first day:)

    Happy Labor Day~

    xoxo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made my first pie completely from scratch today and thought about your summer pie challenge. I was wondering how it turned out and if you (or Dave?) wouldn't mind sharing some pie secrets and perhaps a favorite recipe. Hope the kid are enjoying school.

    -Ash

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.