Pages

Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, May 12, 2013
Oh my...it has been such a week/month!  This has been the busiest week of the year for me.  We had so many big things going on that I cannot even begin to list them all.

I know I have been neglecting the blog when Dave AND Will tell me that I need to update it.   They were never big fans of me blogging in the first place and now they tease me that I don't update enough!
Dave even said that he is sick of checking in to see what our family is up to and seeing that "Stretched" post.  He thinks that no one even checks in anymore! So, I felt a little pressure from my boys to get a new post up;)

I have posts on Kate's early birthday party, dance recital and the Father-Daughter Dance that I am working on but I wanted to post about Mother's Day first (I can do it the quickest!)

Mother's Day was very nice but a little stressful too.  We had to rush out to our annual family brunch early because Kate's ballet recital was early this afternoon.  We did our usual family pictures....

MD13_2511

MD13_2521

MD13_2522

We were even lucky enough to fnd someone to take one of all of us together!

MD13_2530

 My children LOVE the huge brunch that we go to each year for Mother's Day.  We are all foodies and they love to eat.  Kate enjoyed crepes.  And Will and Harry tried KANGAROO!  I enjoyed a mimosa!!


I love this shot of Dave reviewing with Kate which utensils are used at which time in the meal.

DSC_2531

DSC_2533

DSC_2537


Harry made my day with a compliment. At brunch, they gave ALL the Moms a beautiful rose as they seated the table.  However, they did not give one to me.  I mentioned it to the hostess (it might have been the mimosa talking!) and she said, "Well, sometimes it's hard to tell."  I was not sure what she meant by that but my sweet Harry said, "Mom, she thought you looked too young to be the Mom!" I don't think that is the case but I will take the compliment from my sweet boy anyway!


After brunch, we rushed home to get Kate's hair in a bun, put on her make-up and costume and run out to her recital.

She did a GREAT job.  I love watching Kate dance so much but I am not a fan of having the recital on Mother's Day.  Dave does not understand why I feel that way.  But I like to just relax with my family on Mother's Day.  I want one day off and this felt stressful and rushed.  I explained to him that I take Kate to dance class all year but this is the only "game of the season." I was nervous for her.

Anyway, I hope future recitals are not on Mother's Day.

After the recital, we did relax for a few hours and then we went to my favorite "hole in the wall" Italian restaurant for a quick dinner.  I had not eaten gluten in over a month until this weekend.  I did have some tonight in my favorite manicotti in the whole world and it was heavenly.

I feel so blessed everyday to be a Mom to Will, Harry and Kate.  They are amazing kids. I am honored to be their Mom. They tell me often how much they appreciate me.  Will has even told Dave and I on many occasions that he plans to parent like us and he thanks us for not spoiling him.  How blessed are we?!  Thank you God for blessing me with this beautiful family.  I do not take one second for granted. (hope that isn't too mushy...but I do feel so blessed)

I also want to thank my Mom for always being there for me, for teaching me strong values and for all the sacrifices you made for us.   You gave me a foundation of faith. You are a great Mom and I love you. Dave's Mom is in heaven but I want to thank her for raising such an amazing, loving and generous man. I loved Dave's Mom very much too.

Hope you all had a beautiful Mother's Day!

I will be back with birthday party pics next.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! We are still here and I am sure things will slow down once school ends. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! It's always nice to read your updates, even if they're spread out.

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful update - so glad you had a wonderful mother's day! how did you tolerate the gluten? I have been off gluten for quite some time now and am nervous to go back because I have heard that it can cause problems is you reintroduce it...

    xoxo,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim you are so cute! Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family minds me when I haven blogged either. I think I went a week once and my mom said "do you have another private blog?" Ha

    Happy happy Mother's Day! Your children a re lucky to have you as their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dress (and Kate's).
    I keep up on facebook with you and I feel the same about blogging. Pretty much nothing on my end since we got the house. :)
    Honestly, I think Harry is right. Objectively speaking, you SERIOUSLY do not look old enough to have a child Will's age...at ALL! :)
    I only hope I look as good as you when my future children are in high school!
    You are raising incredible kids and you are a model to all of us.
    Happy Mother's Day, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a beautiful family! Glad you had a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a wonderful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your family! Harry is too sweet! I think it was maybe that they were doing it for all moms, but you are one of a kind - so they didn't need to do it for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.