Pages

Guess who started Judo last night?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011
kate1stjudo_1966

Kate has been going to Judo with Dave and the boys for years....

DSC_0104
{Kate has always been very interested in Judo.  I even blogged about it here. This photo is at the boys first promotion in May, 2008}

So I asked Kate if she finally wanted to try it yesterday. And she was SO excited!  Our Sensei has wanted Kate to start but it is a 2 hour class and we were not sure she had the attention span at just 5 years old.

Kate1stjudo_1978

Kate1stjudo_1981

DSC_1984

I have no clue what this pose is but I don't think it has anything to do with Judo:)

k1stjudo_1986

But by all accounts Kate did really well.   And she said she loved it.  She told us she wants to do it all the time (add that to ballet and violin). Dave snapped a few terrible shots with his phone....

IMG-20110926-00008

IMG-20110926-00013

Here she is taking down two big boys with moves she has learned from watching her brothers.  That little pig tailed blur is her:) I am hoping Judo will help teach her more confidence, discipline, attention and self defense as it has the boys.

10 comments:

  1. These are precious! She looks so cute in that outfit! Watch out boys...Kate is going to give you a run for your money!

    PS...I love ALL of her dimples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - they look so happy to be at Judo!

    Good luck to your kids this year in all their practice and competitions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoaaaa!!! Well alright then Kate!! Great job!!!

    Kim, she is a doll_baby and such a well-rounded child!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!!! I am thinking Kate will be a natural!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Kate, way to throw down!! :) I'm sure this will be a great experience. I love how she seems to know what she wants and goes after it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's adorable.... but Dave's shirt is even more adorable! So fun to see it in another post. It makes me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, she actually does look like a natural...yay for her being brave enough to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at the little girl go! I know you & Dave must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate is so adorable...I love following along and watching all her progress. She's going to be great at Judo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.