Pages

Harry's First T-Ball Game!

Friday, May 4, 2007

Harry is doing something we have never let our boys do before. He is playing two sports. We have a family rule of one activity at a time. This rule exists because I firmly believe that kids need down time and families need to eat dinner together on a regular basis. But soccer and t-ball overlap for a few weeks and the games are mostly on Saturday mornings so we made an exception for Harry. He is quite good at both sports and more importantly he is having fun.

Kate Emerson has been home a month now. She also turned 11 months old yesterday. We are simply blessed. I cannot even put into words the absolute joy she brings to my days. She is the happiest baby and she laughs and plays so readily. Kate is also really affectionate. She reaches up and puts her little arms around our necks for the best hugs. She kisses us and her face lights up when we walk into the room. Yesterday, she gave me a raspberry on my shoulder. She surprised herself and beamed with pride at her new accomplishment. She has been trying to do it again but she has not been able to, so she just slobbers on our shoulders. Every second of that 3 year wait was worth it. I would do it ALL over again! That is how much I love this little angel. Okay, I'll stop gushing now.

Three of my "cyber friends" are travelling to China this week to meet their daughters. I am so excited for them. I now know first hand the amazing joy they are about to experience. I am thinking of you Heather, Diana and Elaine! Heather's blog is linked here on the right (Lily). Diana's is linked here too (Ainsley's Mei Mei). Diana gets her daughter, Ruby Mei on Tuesday. I think Heather meets her Lily on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post and pictures!

    It's nice to hear it's all worth the wait, which we know, but sometimes loose sight of - because it is such a loooong wait. That is why I feel our blogs are soooo important - they give us hope, when we need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post and slide show. We try to keep it to one sport at a time too. I'll be sure to check out your friends journey. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics...again! The one of Will and Kate made me all teary eyed, I just can't wait. You can see what a happy girl Kate is and she seems so adjusted in only a month, the whole family does. I imagine myself still lying in the bed struggling with jet lag one month later....you give me hope!

    We also have that same family rule with one sport at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.