Pages

Today..tomorrow? Funny Coincidence.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Several of my adoption buddies have reported that their agencies are tracking a referral package from China and it is expected tomorrow! My agency has told me we are matched and the referrals are coming soon.

I find myself reminiscing about the times that Will and Harry were born. I remember with each of them we had just put the finishing touches on their rooms and then my water broke.


We had just moved into a new home when I was 8 months pregnant with Will. I "nested" and unpacked like a fiend. Everything was done in his room except we needed to hang a quilt above the crib. We hung it on a Saturday night and I said to Dave, "Okay, now we can have this baby." Sure enough a few hours later my water broke and Will was born the next morning. I was not even due for three more weeks.

It was a similar story with Harry. My water broke in the middle of the night exactly when I told everyone I wanted to have him. My plan was to have him during a break in the Christmas party schedule and he followed my plan precisely! Again, I was not due for a few weeks.

So, this morning Dave and I finally hung six botanical prints over our daughter's bed. We have had these for about a year and a half but we just did not hang them yet. We need to hang one more thing tonight and then...I think we are ready for this referral. Let's see if the trend continues. Maybe we will see her tomorrow after we hang that last thing in her room tonight.

Love,
Kim

0 kind words:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kindness.