Pages

Teddy Bear Tea 2015

Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Kate and I have been going to the Teddy Bear tea at the St. Regis Hotel now for several years.  This year would be our 6th time going.  However, when I called they were 100% booked.  I called early but apparently it has gotten VERY popular over the last few years.  I was heartbroken.  See, every year I think Kate is not going to want to go anymore but every year she is super excited.  She and her friend Eden have gone together for the last 5 years and they both say they will never be too old for it. We really love this Mommy-daughter day with our friends.After being put on the waitlist, I got awesome news that they added more teas and had a few cancellations so we got it. Whew!

I got a new camera right before the tea and I'll be honest, I have a lot of learning to do.  This one is a bit different with the settings than my last one and I am still figuring it out.  So, I had a very hard time getting my subjects in focus.  (I since figured out the incorrect setting it was on).  So, my photos of this event are "practice" ones but special memories nonetheless.  So, there will be lots of pictures:0)

Untitled

Untitled

Amy and Eden

Untitled



DSC_0143

Untitled



Untitled

We were the first ones there and the girls were so excited to see Muffy, the Ice Princess.
We love Muffy. And she remembers us from year to year.

Untitled

After, seeing Muffy, they saw the Teddy Bear. Kate used to be afraid of him. 
 So glad she is not afraid anymore!

  Untitled

Eden's Dress can be found here.  I got Kate's on Zulilly last year.

The girls wasted no time getting to the hot cocoa and sweets.

Untitled

Kate was excited to find a plaid cookie.  We both love plaid.

Untitled


Limbo!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

My fun and crazy friend, Amy even jumped in.  I love her.  She makes me laugh.

Then it was time for Muffy's Magic show....

Untitled


Even though they have seen it several times, they still laugh.

Untitled


Untitled

Muffy chose Kate to help her out...

Untitled

Untitled

but Kate knew how to make the wand stay up (it was supposed to fall).

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

A few Mama selfies...


Untitled


Untitled


And just to keep it real...I was struggling with my camera and frustrated that the lens was struggling to focus.  Kate was SICK of pictures but none were in focus.  I am asking for her patience here (in a not so patient way:)  Just wanted to show you that we are a normal family with normal bickering too.

Untitled

After the tea, Amy came over for some champagne and to hang out and then Dave and I headed to a christmas party. I simply wore the same thing...

  Untitled


But it is always nice to try and get a picture of the two of us!!!


5 comments:

  1. The Teddy Bear Tea sounds lovely! So happy it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate is growing up so fast! You both look beautiful! I love the picture of you correcting her! A keeper for sure!!! ha! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your skirt--that tea looks like so much fun! I think that's what I miss most about living near a city--events like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! I am also having a terrible time getting my Nikon D7000 to focus on faces! I've found that I have the best luck shooting in aperture priority. Very frustrating though so I sympathize! I had a much easier time focusing my much less expensive camera.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.