Pages

So loved and ahhhhh Target...

Sunday, May 1, 2011
A blog friend and someone I admire greatly is traveling back to China to add two beautiful daughters to her already very large and loving family. Stef and her family have amazing faith and huge hearts.  They do need help with the overwhelming adoption and travel costs though.  If you feel called to help, it would be very appreciated.  I know firsthand how awesome it feels to see a family you have helped come together.  And honestly, I think that is why we are here.  God wants us to help one another.  Click on the link below to read about Poppy and Esther and donate anything you can.  You will be so glad you did.






so loved


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now onto something much less important and kind of trivial but let's be honest I DO really like fashion.
I have been waiting for May 1st for a long time...ever since Target announced that there would be a Claypso St. Barths' collection this year. I love the beachy, breezy~ with a touch of prep~ look of Calypso St. Barth.  And I love that Target can make it affordable and accessible. So, I rolled out of bed, snuggled with Kate while we watched Miss Spider's Sunny Patch and then headed to straight to my local Target to see the goods before Mass.  As I expected, some things we really cute and some were a bit flimsy.

Untitled-1 copy


This white dress (below) is ADORABLE. I think it is the best piece in the whole line. You cannot really see it in the photo but it is so cute and the material is very nice.  Even though I got there early, there were none in m size and I was SO bummed but then a lady walked up returning one to the rack. I quickly grabbed it! Yippee!  I love it!!!


Look_6-1

This dress is adorable too.  I bought it but not sure I will keep it.  I don't do strapless too well.

Look_3-1-e1302619834224
The home accessories were cute too.  LOVED the turquoise teapot...
Look_60_2_
The pink one is cute too.  It is less vibrant in person.
Look_60_1_
There were some melamine serving pieces that were really fun.  I did not buy any though.
Look_61_2_

Cute and colorful pillows.  If we had a beach house...I would have snagged some of these.

Look_67-1
I totally forgot to even look at the poufs.  I really like these but honestly cannot think of anywhere I would put them in my house.  If Kate were older, I'd get one for her room.
Look_68-1
These votives were very cute and festive.
Look_70_4_



I took a peek at the jewelry line and it was poorly made in my opinion.  None of it was worth buying.


361b342d07e7436f_cover.larger

The children's line was REALLY cute... they had adorable bathing suits.  I did not get any because honestly Kate has more than enough suits.  But they were precious!  I did get Kate a tunic and a sundress.  I could not download many good photos of the kid's line but trust me...it is cute!!  I even tried on the kids tunics because I wanted them for myself!  Unfortunately, my bust got in the way...hate it when that happens!

Have a great Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. Exciting! I hope to make it to Target today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to check out the Calypso line at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like that turquoise teapot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those votives! Oh how I miss Target!!!! I often dream online and I can't walk to go in December!!! Woo Hoo:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep bought a ton of it today!!! thought it was darling and thought it was priced great!!! need to try on the stuff I got for myself to see what I am keeping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost posted about Calypso and wondered if anyone else would. I didn't realize there was a home line, (thank goodness - I might have been in trouble!) I personally am cut off from buying myself things, but I got that same sundress for my niece's birthday, and one of the tunics for a friend's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute stuff! I think I just figured out what I'm doing for my lunch hour;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Target, how do I love thee, let me count the ways! I love thee to the depth and breadth and height (of that HUGE RED TARGET sign). My soul can reach (that cute dress on the rack), when feeling out of sight (I seek that awesome DOLLAR bin). For the ideal of being (a total hopeless case) and ideal Grace (and stay my behind outta there)!!! **sighhhhhh** *Sorry Shakespeare lovers, TARGET MADE ME DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love me some Target! Cute, cute brands....they have great buyers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol...you are too funny!! Cute stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made my pilgrimage to Target today to see all the Calypso stuff! I didn't know there were home items. I guess I have to go back now. Drat! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.