Pages

Snickers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010
CCDOGS0144
Snickers and Scout

(Snickers is only 10-12 months old but bigger than Scout who is 4 this week)
Happy Birthday Scout! 


Oops, thank you for all of the name suggestions.  I guess I forgot to tell you that Harry named our new dog, Snickers.  We tried lots of names out but none really stuck.  Harry wrote down every single name y'all suggested in his process of choosing though.  So, you were a great help.  And the dog is fabulous.  He and Scout love one another. They put their necks together and hug. Snickers is a rescue dog and we are so happy he is in our family now.  Will is extremely allergic to dogs so we never thought we could adopt a rescue dog but if you watch patiently the right breed will eventually come along.  After seeing our positive experience, our friends and neighbors also adopted an adorable lil pup too.  And I think another friend is seriously considering it too.

And I did cut my hair but I don't have a good photo of it yet.  Somedays I am thrilled I cut it and some days I regret it.  Luckily, my hair grows very fast if I decide to grow it out again.  Today, I am taking the peanuts to see Santa and out to the movies.  So, maybe I'll have a photo with Santa to show you my hair cut.  I LOVE taking the kids to see Santa.  TRULY....It is one of my favorite moments all year.  Dave told me the other day that he cannot wait until the day comes when we don't have to go anymore.  How can we both see the same experience so differently?

I hope you and your families have a very happy Thanksgiving.  We have some fun things planned and I will probably be back this weekend to post.

I saw this scripture on my friend Robin's blog and thought it was so perfect for Thanksgiving...

There in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lord your God has blessed you.

Deuteronomy 12:7




P.S.  I love what two of my bloggy friends posted about "Thanksgiving" this week too.


Go read Sibi's beautiful post here.  


And Nie's is here where she writes about wanting her kids to remember that she is grateful for everything she has in life...even if it is less than perfect.  Read the post here.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!

    That is a beautiful verse you quoted and I really enjoy nienie's blog. That post you linked to is pretty incredible. It makes you think. And even more, appreciate everything you have in life. Perfect or not so much.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that new boy your family!!! He is really a beautiful pup!!

    Happy Thanksgiving my friend! So thankful for you!

    Love,
    Di

    P.S: I got my lens...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you used that verse too. It's so perfect for Thanksgiving.

    Hope you and your family have a very blessed one!


    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you... and Snickers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious dog! Enjoy all of your little blessings tomorrow!I know I will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

    I am thankful I'm allowed to follow the lives of you and your family through your beautiful words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What loves! They are both adorable and Ella would LOVE to play with them (she twirls!)
    Bless you for adopting a rescue dog! You BOTH won the puppy-lottery!!

    joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.