Pages

Quick Update

Monday, March 26, 2007
As soon as they got back to the hotel, Dave called me on skype (internet phone) with the webcams. So, I got to see my beautiful daughter. It was amazing. I even woke Harry up at midnight to meet his sister. Dave said Kate is quite big and definitely the biggest in our group. She was crying the most too. She is absolutely, stunningly beautiful. Am I allowed to say that about my own child?

She did not want her bottle but she gobbled up some day old cake they got on the airplane. She was eating it as I watched on the webcam. I guess her referral information was correct--it said she liked cake!

Dave had to rush off to a meeting so I don't have a picture yet. But I will within a few hours. I got so many wonderful e-mails and messages and it has made my heart soar. I will print them all out for Kate to have someday. Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I am just reading your posts now, with tears in my eyes and that's even before you post a picture!!!! so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kim, Dave, Will, & Harry!!! I am so happy for you!
    What an incredible blessing it is to share in your joy today! Thank you for sharing your very special journey to Kate Emerson! We will be praying for everything to go well as she begins to bond with her loving family!
    BLessings - Diana (Jeff, Ainsley & Ruby too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,

    I have goosebumps reading your posts and I am so very happy for you and your family!

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all! Can't wait to see her photos.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed a morning cry..so glad you got to see your daughter. Isn't it amazing how much you can love a person you just met..even if they weren't too happy meeting you ; ) Don't worry..give her time and she will be laughing and playing. It was a pretty big day for her. Hope they took big enough clothes....love a chubby healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats !
    Your posts brought tears to my eyes. Can't wait to see pictures. Listening on the cell phone is just priceless...many prayers and blessings.
    The entire Waala family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim,

    Dave just called me on skpe, I met Kate...She is adorable, she was in Wills arms smiling, squirming all over. She is beautiful! It was so neat to see her. It just amazing.
    Dave said she loves to be held, she is already bonding...how wonderful.
    Congratulations to you all.

    Love, Doon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim...I'm so happy for you all! I can't wait to see pictures...and I can't wait to have our Gotcha Day too! Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us...along with my faith it helps me in these last days of the wait to be strong & positive. Congratulations again--you're a new mom!

    Welcome Kate Emerson! Soon it will be welcome home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.