Pages

Extreme Home Makover (part one)

Monday, March 12, 2007
Last Friday, while Dave and I were at our travel meeting, my sister was kind enough to take the boys to my Mom's house (thank you, Dawn). ABC is doing an "Extreme Home Makeover" on the street and they got to see the action. Friday was demolition day and they just missed the demo. But it was extremely dusty and it is probably good they missed it. We went again yesterday and the house is up. I will post those pictures once I download them.



The guys let Will and Harry borrow hard hats! This is literally outside my Mom's front door.
Seems like all boys love big trucks!




Right after the demolition, that is the empty lot behind them.




This is my Mom's house. They hung this big sign listing all of the sponsors right out front. There are also huge spotlights in her front yard. I don't think anyone is sleeping this week but they are all so happy to help this woman and her four boys!


One of my adoption buddies is in China right now and she met her beautiful daughter yesterday. Click on Nesting for Natalie on the right side under Adoption Sites to see this amazing journey. I am so happy for them!











2 comments:

  1. WOW, that is so cool. I love that show!

    Congrats to your mom's neighbor getting the new home. I'm sure it is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It would be so neat to see the whole makeover process in person. The boys look like they are enjoying it!

    Still thinking about ya and hoping you get your TA this week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.