Pages

Words

Saturday, February 2, 2008
Kate has been home 10 months and is 20 months old today. I wanted to take note of her developmental progress for my own record. I am sure this is not interesting to most of you but I don't have a baby book, so here is where I keep track.


She is doing so well. He fine motor skills are amazing. As you might have read, she can lock and unlock doors, use chopsticks, feed herself beautifully, build amazingly tall block towers, drink from a cup (without a lid and sippy). She can almost snap her fingers and (one of her much older brothers still cannot snap-which has become a family joke because we think he'll never snap). She is not too interested in puzzles yet.


Kate gross motor skills are getting better. She walks quite clumsily and is a little flat footed but it is getting better everyday. She loves the little gym and is especially fond of the singing there.


Her favorite things to do with me are having tea parties, reading books and singing fingerplay songs. She loves itsy bitsy spider, twinkle twinkle, five little monkeys sitting in the tree, where is thumbkin, patty cake, etc. She would sit all day and do those with me. In fact, I could learn some more if anyone wants to share.


Kate does not really play with toys. She would much rather follow me around and "help" with the laundry, empty the dishwasher and cling to my legs.


She enjoy TV a little. I do not generally like for little ones to watch TV but I have found that is the only way I can shower and cook dinner. So, I let her watch a tiny bit. Her favorites are Dora and the Wiggles. I would rather she play but it is impossible to cook with a 26 pound weight around my legs. If the boys are finished with their homework they will have stroller races around the house with her while I cook.


Kate is doing great with her language development. I wanted to list the words she says because I know I will forget...


Mom

Mama

Mommy (this is her universal word for "I want"..she'll scream Mommy, mommy, mommy and it does not mean me--it means "I want that!")

Daddy

Will (wheel)

Harry (habu)

more
thank you

please

hi

hello

bye

eat

juice

drink milk

pizza

cheese

fish

water

chip

cracker

bunny

cheerio

puppy

dog

duck

dinner (and she says it like she calling one to DIIIINNNERRR)

toothbrush

uh-oh

ear

nose

toes

up

down

open (sounds like uppy)

night night

book

orange

apple

pear

banana

chopstick

hedgehog (Hmmm guess who taught her this one)

princess

ladybug

bear

potty

bath

hot

milk

bow

shoe

boy

lovey (wubby)

Elmo

Dora

George (as in Curious)

Wiggles (she watches one of these shows while I shower each day)

Ruby (as in her friend Ruby Mei and Ruby from Max and Ruby)

all done

no more

twinkle (her favorite song is twinkle twinkle little star ans he does all the hand motions)


She even put some words together such as "bye bye toothbrush." We thought she was saying Bye bye stupid and we were rather upset because we do not say stupid in our house. But it was toothbrush. She says "too hot" if her milk or food is hot. And she says I love you. I know she says even more than this but I cannot think of them all now.

0 kind words:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kindness.