Pages

Mother's Day 2015

Monday, May 25, 2015

I know that I am really behind on my posts.  I am trying to live each day and soak in the moments.  So many things are happening at once in our house. There is little time to blog about it all.  But I do want to have this.  This summer I am printing my blog to memory books for our family.

Mother's Day was extra special this year because my mom was here with us.  She flew in from PA for Kate's first holy communion and we were so lucky that it was also Mother's Day weekend.  Since I don't really fly and my Mom doesn't enjoy it either, we do not get to see each other that often.  She usually visits each Spring.

It was a GREAT weekend.  She really enjoyed some good time with us all.  Friday night was Will's prom so she got to see that.  Saturday was Kate's communion and brunch and a friend's party.  On Mother's Day we went to Mass at Will ( and now Harry's) high school.  We really enjoyed Mass there.

We took this right outside of Mass with the phone....

MD15_7209

After Mass, we went out to brunch.  
We have been going to this place for the past several years and we all really enjoy it.

DSC_0423

While we have a few minutes to wait for our reservation, we always take a few photos outside at the hotel.  These are often my favorite photos of the year.


MD15_0391

MD15_0393

MD15_0400

I love this one of three generations of us...

MD15_0433

motherday_0403


I asked someone who was sitting on the patio to take these.  He did a GREAT job.


DSC_0410

Bruch was fabulous.  Teenage boys definitely eat their fill at a lovely buffet brunch.  Harry ate his weight in crab legs and desserts.  I guess that is how he is growing so much.

After brunch, we took Mimi (my Mom) fishing.  Dave, Will, Harry and Kate are really into kayaking and fishing these days.  So, Mimi wanted to go fishing. There wasn't time to go to Galveston so we took her to a little inner city pond the kids like to go for short bits of time.

Harry caught a nice bass.

Mothers_0470

DSC_0444

MD_0447
I think everyone caught a fish.
 I looked back and apparently we went to a pond fishing last year on Mother's Day too.
BTW~ we release these fish back into the pond.


Dave gave me an external disk drive for my computer that I really wanted.  The boys tried to get my favorite bundt cake but they were out/closed so they gave me an amazon card (which I LOVE) and sweet Kate made me this exploding memory box.

IMG_7293


 When you open the lid, pages open up.  Kate put some favorite photos in there and I can add more.

It was such a thoughtful gift made with love.


IMG_7295

IMG_7296

I will treasure it and the memories of this day for a very long time.  I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day.

We also had a lovely Memorial Day weekend.
We are very grateful to the men and women who serve our country and fight for our freedom.

This week is Harry's 8th grade graduation and the last week of school!

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift miss gave you! Looks like you had a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post and nice photos. Kate did a great job with her memory box !!!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing, looks like ya'll had a great Mother's Day weekend! So special that your mom got to home down and be apart of several great moments. I always LOVE your matching dresses, it's just too darling and that's a great color on both of you.

    www.lonestarlauren.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand why you dont post often, but I do love it when you do! Lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look like a perfectly wonderful Mother's Dayz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What platform are you using to print your blog into photo memory books? Do you make additional memory books? I am so behind on making my photobooks and I'm always curious what others do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your matching dresses! I hope you guys are ok--the weather channel's coverage of Houston is really terrifying...I am praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.