Pages

Evie

Sunday, July 15, 2012
A long time blog reader reached out to me for some prayers and support.  Her adorable daughter, Evie was recently diagnosed with a severe and progressive brain disease called Moyamoya.  Evie needs two surgeries as soon as possible and there are some insurance issues as the leading doctor in this illness is out of their network.


l.dNARbXXEvKHfBUQl

You can read more about their story here at their caring bridge site and it would be helpful if you could sign a petition for them regrading the treatment of their daughter here.  Unfortunately, the best treatment for Evie is not being covered by their insurance. I can only imagine their frustration over this situation as one the leading doctors in Moyamoya is just hours from their home and can help their daughter but their insurance will not cover it as he is out of network. You can also go here to donate and help them with very high medical costs.  And most of all, you can pray for Evie and her family. Please pray.


As always, I appreciate the prayers for this family.  It is so wonderful to rely on the blog community for good in this way.  

{On an unrelated note, we are on vacation and I have been ignoring my computer, so I apologize for unanswered e-mails etc. } 

17 comments:

  1. Prayers are being said and blessings to you and your family for a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute doll! I will totally keep her in my prayers....I do believe in mircacles and may God bestow upon her and her family the blessing of a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,

    Thank you SO much for using your blog space to share our daughter's story (you are QUICK!!!). There are no words to express how much we need and value this support right now.

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!!

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey, I am glad to help. You have our prayers and support.

      Kim

      Delete
    2. Please know that Evie is in my prayers.

      Delete
  4. I am in France i am a french woman, i am very touch by the illness of this little girl.
    All my thinks go to her. Poor girl i give her a lot of kisses !!!
    How can i watch yous site ?

    Sorry for my bas english

    Christine (Mamie of France)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,

    There was a woman from our first DTC group whose son has Moyamoya. His surgeries were done at Children's in Boston (diagnosed by the neuro team of a doctor/mom from that same group!). If putting your friend in touch with my friend would help, email me or contact me on facebook.

    Wendy Ditmars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good heavens...that is terrible. Praying for God's mercies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter and I will be keeping Evie and her family in our prayers. I really hope their appeal is successful and their insurance company allows them to have the surgeon of their choice do the necessary surgeries on sweet Evie.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very familiar w/the CB site and still follow alot of sweet families that are battling all types of illnesses. I tried to find Evie's page, but the link you provided did not work. Is there a CB name we can find precious Evie with. Thank you in advance Kim, and praying for and lifting Evie daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried the caring bridge link and it worked perfectly. Not sure why it did not work for you. They have been posting updates. Thank you so much for your prayers. Our family is praying for her daily.

      Kim

      Delete
    2. I checked out caring bridge and it said there is a special password provided by the author of the site that I needed to give. Any idea what that is? I think once you have signed in you are good, but I can't get to it now.
      Poor Evie. I will keep her in my prayers. A friend's daughter is in a similar situation with a medication she needs that isn't covered for her cancer... it's tragic the way the system works sometimes.
      Stacy

      Delete
    3. It looks as though they have mare the caring bridge site private for now. I am not sure why but I will try to get an update about Evie and post it.

      Delete
    4. They definitely have made it private. Perhaps they are going to the media, or their next appeal requires that they don't put all their cards out on the table, so to speak.

      Kim, if you do get a password to share, that would be great. And even if you don't, it's a privilege to pray for this family.

      Delete
  9. I just signed the petition....thanks for letting us know about it. She is precious..praying for her and for her family as they go to battle for her! Praying for healing over her body!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.