Pages

Our happy places....

Friday, June 29, 2012
I cannot believe it has been a week since I posted.  I don't usually go that long between posts. I have stuff to post but I have not had a lot of time. It was a busy (but happy) week.  Will volunteered at the Zoo as a camp counselor for the 4 and 5 year olds.  He LOVES that and it makes him gain perspective a bit too.  After being with camp kids all day, his little sister is not nearly as annoying! Then he worked each night as a junior lifeguard.  Harry did LaCrosse camp outside all day this week in sweltering heat (104).  But he loved it too.  Kate did an amazing art camp. I cannot wait to take photos of some of her creations.  They are really cool!  All of these fun activities were in completely opposite parts of town (and they all started and ended about the same times!) so I did a lot of driving.  I also did a lot of exercising.  I did a step class and two weight lifting classes at the gym and I am still doing my step routines almost everyday at home.  I am very sore from the weight lifting classes but I am noticing great changes in my body.  Luckily, I see results very quickly (maybe it is my imagination?).  And I have a confession to make....I enjoy exercising now!  Can you believe it?  Who would have thought?!  In fact, I get a bit antsy if I cannot exercise one day.  I even want to bring my step to Seaside with us.  Crazy, right?




The other night we were having dinner and talking about our upcoming beach trip and I said, "The beach is my happy place."  Will and Harry both said that their sleep-away camp (I call it Camp Utopia here on the blog) is their happy place.  They said they feel so at peace and free to be themselves there. (who could ask for more?)  Kate immediately piped up and exclaimed, "Home is my happy place!"  How cute is that?

{the boys and Kate agreed that Seaside is their next happy place and then home too}

The next few weeks are lazy summer days of no camps and sleeping in.  We are all looking forward to it a bit. And I should have more time to both post AND read blogs.  I apologize for being a lame reader and commenter too.   I have had no time to really be on the computer.  I think exercise has replaced my computer time:)

15 comments:

  1. you work out beast!!
    i love it!!
    can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seaside is definitely my "Happy Place".

    Enjoy the rest of your summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hope you get to go this summer with your cute kiddos.

      Delete
  3. So awesome you are loving your work outs!! I can only pray to get there one day!!!!!
    You must look amazing!!!!!

    It sounds like a wonderful summer so far! I wish SeaSide was on our calendar!!!!

    Hugs,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Di..I would not say amazing exactly....but I am looking better these days. And my clothes all fit again:) A few things were getting pretty tight.

      I simply cannot wait for Seaside!!!!!

      Delete
  4. So glad you are loving exercising. I call it my one selfish thing, most days I will swim or run before I get much if anything done around the house, then I'm in a mad dash to get it all done.......but I'm much nicer about it than if I don't exercise:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I feel now Paige. It is my one selfish thing lately too and I NEVER thought hat would be exercise. I am impressed that you swim and run!!!!

      Delete
  5. LOVE the beach too, so much! Kate is so precious, I love her happy place of choice.
    I say take it and if you're inspired to use it, you'll have it and your great habits will continue. If you're too busy enjoying your vacation, it can wait and you'll just pick up where you left off!
    I know what you mean about seeing results, that's always a great motivation! The same with eating!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to know you are loving exercising...I have been doing alot too...doing a 12 week thing and heading into week 5 and starting to see changes which I LOVE..nothing like toned arms and shoulders (my fave :)...I agree with Lori, take your step if you want, especially since you are enjoying it so much, it won't feel like something you HAVE to do :) Home is one of my happy places too Sweet Kate, right there with the beach! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beach is my happy place too - just wish there was one close by landlocked Nebraska!!! :)

    Love Kate's comment -- she is too sweet!!

    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soon we will be having family living in the Houston area... so where is this amazing happy place located and suggestions on where to stay and eat???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa and Tate!

      Oh my...I could recommend a million places to eat as I think Houston has the BEST restaurants of almost anywhere in the world (excluding maybe Paris and New Orleans). Let me know what kind of food you like and I can recommend more. We LOVE Goode Company Taqueria for Mexican Breakfast (any breakfast really). Dave LOVES Goode Company BBQ. Both are in town on Kirby near Rice University. Pappasitos has the best fajitas and great tex mex. We also love a small French restaurant in Rice Village called Cafe Rabalais. As for as where to stay...that is hard. We live in town near the museums (art, zoo, Natural Science and Children's), shopping and restaurants..we really like life "inside the loop." But you might want to stay closer to your family.

      Delete
  9. Oh yes, the beach is definitely my happy place!! The minute my toes hit the sand it is like all the stress in my life drifts away in the ocean air......it is a great feeling!!!

    Sounds like you have been busy.....and HOORAY for all the working out!!! So great that you have to come love it:)

    Happy Weekend to you Kim~

    xoxo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are heading to the beach in a week...can't wait!! I'm planning to start exercising when the girls start school in the fall. It's time...way past time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.