Pages

Our celebration

Friday, April 6, 2012
So, as I said in my last post, it has been 5 years since Kate joined our family.  We planned a little Mother-daughter celebration to mark the occasion.  Kate wanted to "go the the salon to get her nails done!"  Since this was a very special day, I agreed.  I picked Kate up a little early from school for this special treat so that I could fit it in on a weekday (she had a substitute and it was free play time so she did not miss anything!)

ff5_6610

Kate was quite the hit at the salon.  All the ladies (clients and employees) just adored her.  

ff56613

Kate was so adorable.  I could not stop watching her.  I did have trouble getting good photos as I was having a pedicure simultaneously in the chair next to her with a fixed lens.

DSC_6608

Her lil feet barely skimmed the water as she was so small for the chair!

She DID enjoy the pampering massage!

ff5_6612


Kate could not decide between HOT pink and super glittery glitter.  So she got every other nail done in each color.  The girls back at school loved it.  They all ohhhed and ahhhed!

ff5 6614


After the mini mani-pedi, I took her for a quick ice cream cone before we had to pick up Harry from school...

FF5_6617


She chose cotton candy with gummy bears mixed in.  It was so melty.  She was covered in blue!

FF5_6626

It was such a sweet few hours with my girl.
And true to her gracious spirit, she thanked me profusely and declared it "the BEST day ever!"

{she says everyday is the BEST day ever!}

We are off to see an interactive display of the Passion.
 I will be back this weekend with an Easter post.

Happy Easter and Passover!


P.S. Erika, here is a photo of her lil monkey toes. They are already chipped:0)

DSC_6648

15 comments:

  1. such a sweet perfectly wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious, special day with your beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, it looks like a perfect celebration!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time together. Hannah loves cotton candy ice cream with gummy bears. Glad to hear someone else likes it too.
    Happy Easter to you and your family.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pics but I was expecting to see those little toes.
    Happy easter to you and your family.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika, I did not get one that was in focus that day but just took and posted one for you:)

      Kim

      Delete
    2. I hope you and your family had a great easter! I must say those toes look beautiful.
      Thank you Kim for the pic.
      Erika

      Delete
  6. Kate Emerson gets more beautiful everyday! She was gorgeous from day one:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth!!! You made me smile. I think she radiates with joy and beauty!!!!

      Delete
  7. How fun! I love that she chose a mani-pedi for her special day. Have a wonderful Easter!

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is super precious with her little toes!!!! What a very special day:)
    P.S. Lottie says that too, "This is the best day EVER!!!! (makes me smile big every time:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mya HAS to have patterned nails too - drives me crazy!!!! Glad you girls had a sweet day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day for you and Kate!!! Nothing like a little girl bonding in the salon! Love all the little details you captured....especially those adorable little toes:)

    xo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness! I have just discovered your blog...and I love it!

    Your story is just swelling my heart.

    You know when you are having an unsettled day, and you wind up surfing, looking for something to point you to Him again? I just found it here.

    Your family is beautiful, and I am excited to follow your story...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kindness.